Different Uses of Mini Diggers and Tips When Hiring One29 January 2020
When it comes to excavation works and other digging projects, the first equipment that comes to mind is the heavy-duty excavator. However, some excavation projects have small spaces that a heavy-duty excavator cannot enter. With this problem comes a great solution: the use of mini diggers.
Many construction firms have been switching to mini diggers when it comes to excavation and other construction-related works. Just like regular diggers, mini diggers are also composed of components that make them effective and efficient in the field. These components are cab, undercarriage, house, engine, boom, attachments, stick, and many more.
Benefits of Mini Diggers
Living up to its name, a mini digger is a compact version of a regular excavator. Mini diggers are light, small, and can operate at any given space. Mini diggers are powered by hydraulic systems that can make them move the boom, stick, and attachment with ease. They are also available with wheels or tracks. For smooth terrain like roads, mini diggers with wheels are the most ideal equipment to use. Mini diggers with tracks, on the other hand, are the best option for rougher terrain like dirt or gravel.
Given the aforementioned properties, mini diggers undoubtedly have advantages over regular excavators. Mini diggers can work anywhere at any given time. And even with their small form factor, they can still easily perform excavations tasks thanks to their hydraulics and the ability to move around freely. Mini diggers also enjoy the abundance of attachments, which most regular excavators lack.
Uses of Mini Diggers
Mini diggers can be used in many ways. Mini diggers can work on small to medium-sized operations like landscaping, forestry-related projects, light construction works, and small demolition tasks. Aside from excavation, mini diggers can also be used in flattening landscaping, digging trenches and irrigation ditches, ploughing snow, demolishing small structures, repairing sewer lines, and removing stumps. All of these activities are possible with mini diggers because of the attachments available.
Mini diggers utilise attachments that can be used in excavating, transferring debris from one place to another, flattening, and many more.
Things to Consider
Hiring mini diggers for your specific construction project may be easy, but there are some things that you must consider first when hiring one. Even if the mini diggers are versatile and compact, you still have to look for some factors first if you want to save your precious resources.
- Operating Weight:Mini diggers have operating weight options that are suitable in some situations. This operating weight is crucial most especially if the terrain is unstable. To avoid any unwanted accidents and collapse of the land, just consider the weight limitations of the terrain before hiring a mini digger.
- Dig Depth:Most mini diggers can dig at depth of 6 to 8 feet. But just like operating weight, mini diggers also vary in dig depth. Since mini diggers can provide different dig depths, just determine the depth of your digging project to avoid hiring the wrong mini digger.
- Dump Height:Dump height is the maximum height that the boom and attachments of your mini digger can reach. In some cases, the dumper bins of a mini digger may be too high to reach. So, look out for the dump height of your mini digger.
Mini diggers are useful in excavations and other construction projects. To know more about mini diggers and their factors, you can contact us at Melbourne Mini Diggers. We can provide you all the information about mini diggers and all the ways to use them.
- When is the Perfect Time to Hire a Mini Digger?
- Know the Capabilities of Digging Attachments for Mini Diggers
- How Mini Diggers Can Be a Big Help in Small Projects
- Easy Post Hole Digging and Fence Installation Using Dingo Post Hole Digger
- Limitations of Mini Diggers or Compact Excavators
- Excavation and Earth Moving Services in Ballarat: Choose Melbourne Mini Diggers
- Backfilling Compaction Requirements and The Use of Mini Diggers
- Mini Digger Operations and Safety Protocols During Covid19 Pandemic
- How to Choose the Right Mini Digger Attachment for Your Project
- Factors that Can Hamper a Mini Digger’s Efficiency