Preventive Measures that Mini Digger Excavators Must Perform Before Starting Any Project04 April 2019
Taking on an excavation job can be a rewarding experience. There is nothing as satisfying as getting on a Mini Digger and really getting after the work. With that being said, excavating is a dangerous task that needs to be approached with safety in mind. There are a few different things that need to be done before operating your Mini Digger excavator. In fact, there are a few general safety tips that you need to follow in order to have a safe experience while on the job site.
Safety Tips for Mini Diggers
Before you turn your Mini Digger’s excavator tool toward the ground, you need to make sure that you have done a whole checklist worth of precautionary steps. In order to have a safe workplace, you are going to have to divide your attention into three different subjects: people, equipment, and the location. By attending to these three different areas with our tips below, you can ensure that your operation of the Mini Digger will be a safe and effective one.
1) Learn How to Use the Mini Digger – First and foremost, you need to spend some time being trained on the Mini Digger. Even though the Mini Digger is relatively easy to use, you should have an experienced operator on hand when first learning the ins and outs of the equipment. Anyone who is going to use the Mini Digger will require training.
2) Inspect the Area – Next, you need to spend some time removing large surface rocks and debris from the area. This natural debris could cause trouble while operating your excavator. Take some time out of your day before starting the project in order to clear out the area.
3) Clear Living Beings – After you’ve cleaned up the area, you need to make sure all animals and people are off of the property that doesn’t belong there. You don’t want to hurt an animal or a person while you are working. Bystanders, lost children, animals, whatever is in the area needs to be cleared.
4) Call 1100 – Before you start digging, call the local utility company and verify what you are doing. You need to know if there are any utilities in the area to watch out for. You don’t want to catch a fine for failing to disclose your work before damaging city property!
Operating a dig site can be rewarding, but it can also be dangerous. Follow the tips above before you start digging in order to ensure that your experience is a safe one. Call Melbourne Mini Diggers with all of your equipment needs and for additional advice.
- Hiring Mini Diggers for Your Excavation and Trenching Project: What Makes it a Cost-effective Choice?
- Remove Annoying Tree Stumps with a Dingo Stump Grinder
- Hire Mini Diggers for Site Preparation Projects and Access to Tight Spaces
- Dingo Rotary Hoe Specifications: Perfect for Gardening and Landscaping Projects
- Versatility and Functionality: Qualities that Make Mini Diggers Stand Out
- The Growing Popularity of Mini Diggers in Excavating and Trenching Projects
- Mini Diggers: Excavation and Trenching Equipment that Maintain Both Power and Flexibility
- How Do Plumbers and Electricians Benefit from the Use of Mini Diggers?
- Use Mini Diggers for Trenching Without Damaging Pavements
- When Large Equipment Won’t Work and will not Fit: Hire Mini Diggers for Your Project